We understand the worries you experience when going on holiday more than most. Leaving your home behind, empty and open to burglary, is a real anxiety-inducing feeling. Holidays should be a time to relax and forget about the worries of everyday life. At Integrated Security Services we are in the business of making you feel secure in the fact that your home is well protected whilst you’re at home and away.
There are a number of actions you can take before leaving home that will help to keep your home and belonging safe. Leave the rest to us.
What you should do before you depart:
- Don’t advertise your holiday to neighbours. Leaving suitcases on your drive the day of departure informs passersby that you’ll be leaving for an extended period of time. It’s also worth being coy about who you tell. Mentioning that your home will be empty to colleagues, acquaintances and everyone on Facebook merely advertises an easy period of time to invade your home for thieves.
- Making it look like someone is home – leaving a light on and cancelling newspaper deliveries – will help make it look like someone is home. Thieves are opportunists and will more likely pounce if given an opportunity.
- The simple things like double-checking all windows are closed and doors are locked is a simple one but it’s surprising how many people forget to do this. Use deadbolts, lock the garage and set your alarm if you have one.
- Make sure all appliances are turned off and turn off your water to prevent any self-imposed disasters.
What we can help with:
- Add a security alarm consisting of a main control unit and keypads located at the front and back doors and a combination of passive infrared detectors (sensors), hard-wired smoke detectors, sirens and a panic button.
- CCTV because holidays are often when uninvited guests may be planning to pop in. Keep an eye on your property remotely whilst on holiday to make sure your home and belongings are safe.
- Home Alarm Monitoring offers the best 24/7 surveillance. We are a specialist service provider in the field of alarm monitoring. Utilising the best available technology and software we can offer the ultimate protection for your family.
Stay safe and protected with the help of us. Get in touch today for a free on-site consultation to figure out which security methods are best for your home.