Spring and Summer Security Tips
The security alarms we’re so proud to supply and install are a great start if you really want to ramp up the protection of your home or business. But now we’re heading into spring and summer, it’s time to plan ahead for when so many of you will be heading away for a well-deserved break, it’s important that you complement your alarm system with some more security precautions while you’re not in town. Here are just a few tips to help protect yourself, your family, and the things you’ve worked so hard to attain.
- Did you know that 30% of break-ins aren’t really break-ins as such? They actually happen when burglars are allowed to walk through an open door or climb through an open window. Locking your windows and doors might seem like a very obvious tip but you’d be amazed how many people forget to secure them before they go away. Please don’t make the same mistake!
- We recommend you use security cameras to complement your alarm system. Modern cameras are not only a wonderful deterrent but they also produce crystal clear footage which is great for helping police identify anyone who intrudes onto your property.
- Keep valuables out of direct sight in your home, business or vehicles. By hiding them away, you remove temptation which is a huge motivator for anyone with less than honest intentions.
- Motion-activated lights are a must in deterring any would-be burglar.
- You might want to brag about your holiday plans and share your excitement with others but please don’t advertise you’re going away on social media. Some less than social types might find that information too enticing for words.
- Make your home look like someone is there even if you’re not. Go for a high-tech method like lights that switch themselves on at night, or simply hang a few old clothes on the line. A pair of work boots by the front door can also be a handy deterrent.
- Finally, any security alarm that we supply will be a good one. Don’t waste your investment by not using it! In all the excitement of leaving your home or office for a holiday, you might forget to set it - this happens quite often.
- Make sure your key holder contacts are up to date for monitoring while you’re away.
When it comes to the overall security of your home or business, there is so much you can do besides relying on security alarms. Contact us to discuss a comprehensive security package and plan ahead so you can enjoy your spring or summer break with complete peace of mind.